Bryan Goes to the Mentawai's

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Dude, that's awesome!! You suck

OK, so I missed posting yesterday...my bad. 2 surf sessions, a really long nap and the Surf Rx 25th anniversary party left me no time to jot down some thoughts here, so I apologize.

The title of this entry seems to be the reaction I get from every surfer/friend when I tell them of my upcoming trip. There's elation at first then it ends with a good old kick to the teeth. It's all in good fun and I'm stoked that they have the knowledge and respect for the places I'm going to talk to me about it and get me even more stoked to visit these places. I wish I could share the experience with others here and surf the same waves together, but it just wasn't in the cards this time; next time I'll try and do something other than a solo mission.

Another thing I'm really stoked on is just the amount of support and stoke from friends, relatives, neighbors, strangers and everyone else I've left out. My neighbor Julie who I'd told of my trip a few weeks ago stopped me the other day and asked how planning was going and told me that I need to make sure and see her before I leave; same with other people that I thought wouldn't really remember me or my trip, yet ask me whenever they see me. It's awesome that people care like that and it gets me super excited to share all the memories and experiences with them when I get back or through my little blog here while I'm in Indo.

OK, off to go see a movie. Tomorrow, we're going to learn more about SurfAid International. Later, alligators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home