Bryan Goes to the Mentawai's

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Action water shots?? CHECK!


How could I go on a big surf trip without a camera that I can take out in the water?! I just picked up a new pocket digital camera that works underwater and can take little movies, too. The Olympus Stylus 720SW was the best choice to replace my last digital that was damaged and left non-functional on a recent trip and the fact that this one is waterproof to 10' and can be dropped from 5' with no apparent damage or loss of functionality was a no-brainer. I've always wanted to take a camera out in the lineup and shoot some photos of friends and good waves and I snorkel/swim on every vacation I go on and think having a camera underwater will be a lot of fun... However I've got to figure out an effective way of keeping it attached to my body. It is heavy/dense and does not float so if I drop it I'm SOL... Someone made the recommendation that I attach one of those big foam pool noodles to it. Umm...not so much. I have to spend 12 days on a small island with these people and I'd much rather be known as the big tall dude that got the hang of barrel riding super fast opposed to the guy with a 4' pool noodle attached to his camera out in the lineup... LOL!

1 Comments:

  • Three words.....Floating Boat Keychain (somewhat more portable than said pool noodle). Although not quite as stylish......

    By Blogger Kuka, at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home